Give'm Something to talk about!

I was listening to a podcast from Wes Fryer's Speed of Creativity, which is a keynote from the SITE 2007 conference, when the keynote speaker,Roger Schank, played this clip from stand-up comedian Father Guido Sarducci. He said the clip is about is about 30 years old and is amazingly still appropriate.



The longer I've been teaching, the more I'm starting to realize the value of "great" education and highly skilled teachers. Are we providing the best education possible to our kids in Lutheran schools. We tend to be slow developers when it comes to adopting new waves in education (for good reason sometimes). But I don't think the new uses of technology and the increased emphasis on 21st Century Learning Skills is a new fad. They are here to stay.

What are your schools doing about it??

1 comment:

David said...

I'm having my students collaborate in new ways using wikis. I'm doing more than ever before with analysis of sources for accuracy and bias. I'm working more with short, pithy writing in addition to the longer, formal writing. It is a challenge, but I'm trying to build something new several times each year as I work with my students.