Where have you been?

What's it been...two weeks since the last post?? At least if feels that long. Tomorrow is our last day of school till Easter break (Good Friday-April 21) and the kids are a bit insane. I only have to make it one more day and then I'll have time to put some thought into a good podcast.

I promised myself I would try not to throw up a ton of personal stuff on the blog, so I'll wait until I can get some good professional thoughts together. Maybe by next week Wednesday?

Over Easter Break I'll be reading "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman. Dave Warlick mentioned that this book has been referenced in just about every conference sectional he has been at this year. So I'll check that out and see what new and exciting things he has to say.

1 comment:

David said...

"The World is Flat" is a powerful call to our society and the education community to avoid remain ingstagnant in our curriculum, teaching styles, etc. Technology has unleashed powerful new forces in the world that are upending the economic structure of the world.

The challenge for teachers in Lutheran schools is to help our students, parents, and colleagues see how these changes are also breaking down barriers of time and location for sharing Christ with the world. In other words, we should be far less concerned about the economic implications of the "flattening" of the world, but rather on the spiritual implications.